Held each at the time of the Kartik Purnima full moon, Pushkar Cattle/ Camel Fair is one of India’s most highly-rated travel experiences, a spectacle on an epic scale, attracting more than 11,000 camels, horses and cattle and visited by over 400,000 people over a period of around fourteen days.
For visitors it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the colour, spectacle and carnival of one of the last great traditional melas, which brings livestock, farmers, traders and villagers from all over Rajasthan.
APF is organising a 4 day intensive Photography Master Class which is tailor made to cater to needs of anyone who wishes to train their eyes to find order in chaos of Pushkar Mela and also the beautiful town of Ajmer.
The Pushkar and Ajmer Master Class will be limited to an intimate class of max 8 passionate individuals who want to polish their skills and break out of their comfort zones. We’ll talk about street and travel photography. This workshop is designed to help improve your photography, enhance your style and find your vision by providing expert advice and knowledge specifically aimed at helping you achieve success in your work.
Mentors : Vineet Vohra & Rohit Vohra
During this Intense shooting 4-day workshop, we will focus on the following topics:
- How to work towards a theme and focus on projects.
- Travel Photography and art of story telling
- How to edit your images to enhance the final result.
- Photography assignments to put theories to work while walking with the mentors in Pushkar and Ajmer.
The mentors will work with students both in critique sessions and in the field, sharing their working knowledge and techniques.
Each day will include shooting and theoretical session on all you need to know about Street and Travel photography, dos and don’ts, ways to overcome the fear of getting close, detailed look into various composition aspects and the common mistakes while composing, understanding layering in photography, Gestalt vision and its application in photography, developing ones own style, understanding peripheral vision, ways to see and treat light, video documentary of how their images are made as they shoot and how they fine tune their vision and more.
During the course of this workshop, the mentors will discuss technique, composition, vision and intent and how to use the camera and lens in a creative way. They will discuss careers, talk about how to get published and how to work on a story.
On the final day we make a presentation and have an in depth review session with the mentors and each participant presents their work.
Students need to bring the following to the workshop:
– A digital camera with a fixed wide angle lens preferably (a 35mm focal length lens would be best). You are most welcome to get your Long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work.
– A laptop with software to edit/tone your images
– A notebook to take down notes during the workshop
Tentative Dates : 14th-17th Nov 2021, the final dates will be update in May 2021
Price : $2495/ per person
- Workshop charges
- Hotel stay for 3 nights and 4 days.
- All meals
- All local travel in India. In a private bus. (Delhi-pushkar-Ajmer-Delhi)
– Return international air ticket
– Any private expenses
– Room service fees
– Porter services
– Visa fees (if applicable)
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
To book the complete package please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation Policy :
- If the workshop is cancelled due to any reasons (including covid), full refund will be issued to the participant.
- Keeping in mind the covid situation currently, participant is allowed to cancel anytime before 15th Aug, 2021 without any cancelation charges.
- If a participant cancels for any reason between 16th Aug- 15th Sep, 10% of the workshop fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
- If a participant cancels for any reason between 16th Sep-15th Oct, 25% of the workshop fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
- If a participant cancels for any reason after 16th Oct, there will be no refund.
All precautions will be taken for the safety of participants and we recommend that participants avoid any other travel 15 days before the workshop. Workshop is limited to 8 participants only.
We would highly recommend a good travel insurance for your own safety.