Dev Deepawali, Varanasi Masterclass 2022
Dates : 6th-9th Nov 2022.
Embark on an unforgettable expedition to photograph the spectacular Dev Deepawali festival in Varanasi. Led by Vineet and Rohit Vohra.
Varanasi is the only place on Earth where Diwali is celebrated twice. Dev Deepawali (or Dev Diwali) is a festival celebrated 15 days after Diwali to commemorate the victory of Lord Shiva over the demon Tripurasur.
Dev Deepawali, also known as ‘Dev Diwali’, is an annual festival celebrated in Varanasi. It is a festival of light and joy that originated centuries ago. The 2023 edition of the festival is sure to be spectacular as it will be held in the ancient city of Varanasi.
As a photographer, Dev Deepawali is a great opportunity to capture the beauty of India’s culture, tradition and religious practices. The festival will provide a unique and vibrant atmosphere which can be captured through the lens of a camera. From the traditional diyas to the colorful rangolis, each aspect of the festival will be a feast for the eyes.
The atmosphere of Dev Deepawali is sure to be unforgettable. Every year, thousands of people gather in Varanasi to celebrate the festival, making it a great environment for photography. With the colorful dresses, the beautiful decorations, and the sound of laughter, the atmosphere of Dev Deepawali is truly unforgettable.
Come join us in Varanasi and and capture decisive moments that you will savour for a lifetime.
Class capacity: 8-10 people only
During the course of this workshop, the mentors will discuss technique, composition, vision and intent and how to use the camera and lens in a creative way. They will discuss careers, talk about how to get published and how to work on a story.
The mentor will work with students both in critique sessions and in the field, sharing their working knowledge and techniques.
This intensive 4-day workshop will focus on the following topics:
1. Travel Photography and art of story telling
2. How to work towards a theme and focus on projects…
3. How to edit your images to enhance the final result…
4. Photography assignments to put theories to work while walking with the mentors on the streets of Varanasi.
Students need to bring the following to the workshop:
– A digital camera with a fixed wide angle lens preferably (a 35mm focal length lens would be best). You are most welcome to get your Long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work.
– A laptop with software to edit/tone your images
– A notebook to take down notes during the workshop
Dates :6th-9th Nov 2022
Price : $2495/ per person / Rs 1,92,000
- Workshop charges
- Single occupancy Hotel stay in 4/5 star property for 3 nights and 4 days.
- All meals
- All Local travel (Varanasi)
– Return international air ticket/ Ticket from Delhi to Varanasi and back
– Any private expenses
– Room service fees
– Porter services
– 18% GST
– Visa fees (if applicable)
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
To book the complete package please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation Policy :
- If the workshop is cancelled due to any reasons (including covid), full refund will be issued to the participant.
- Keeping in mind the covid situation currently, participant is allowed to cancel anytime before 7 th Oct, 2022 without any cancelation charges (Paypal fees will be deducted)
- If a participant cancels for any reason between 8th Oct- 15th Oct, 20% of the workshop fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
- If a participant cancels for any reason between 16th Oct-25th Oct, 60% fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
- If a participant cancels for any reason after 26th Oct, 100% fee will be deducted.
All precautions will be taken for the safety of participants and we recommend that participants avoid any other travel 14 days before the workshop. Workshop is limited to 6-8 participants only.
We would highly recommend a good travel insurance for your own safety.