Join us as we head for a 4 day workshop in Barsana/ Nandgaon/ Vrindavan.
The Holi Master Class will be limited to an intimate class of max 8-10 passionate individuals who want to polish their skills and break out of their comfort zones. We’ll talk about street, documentary and travel photography. This workshop is designed to help improve your photography, enhance your style and find your vision by providing expert advice and knowledge specifically aimed at helping you achieve success in your work. Participants will work on forming a photo essay in the 4 days.
During this Intensive 4-day workshop, we will focus on the following topics:
1. Travel Photography and art of story telling
2. How to work towards a theme and focus on projects…
3. How to edit your images to enhance the final result…
4. Photography assignments to put theories to work while walking with the mentors on the streets of Barsana.
The mentors Vineet and Rohit Vohra will work with students both in critique sessions and in the field, sharing their working knowledge and techniques.
During the course of this workshop, the mentors will discuss technique, composition, vision and intent and how to use the camera and lens in a creative way. They will discuss careers, talk about how to get published and how to work on a story.
Participants will stay in Vrindavan.
We will head for Barsana, full day excursion to photograph the Lath Mar Holi in Barsana Village. This colorful celebration is the fight between friends of Krishna and Radha.
Men from Nandgaon village dress in their traditional clothes and adorn the role of Gopas (friends of Lord Krishna), while women from Barsana adorn the role of Gopis (friends of Radha). The men throw colors on women and the women fight back with batons. The aim of the men is to install a flag on the temple of Radha at Barsana and claim victory.
Both Men and Women prepare for Lath Mar holi much in advance and each year they employ new methods to outsmart each other.
We spend the day in Barsana, shooting the streets, head back in the evening for Vrindavan. An interactive session with review of images in the evening follows.
The next day we leave for Nandgaon, spend the day shooting the lanes of Nandgaon, this is a full day excursion to photograph Lath Mar Holi in Nandgaon. Holi in Nandgaon is the return visit for the Gopas of Barsana to play Holi with Gopis of Nandgaon. This time it’s the men from Barsana who carry a flag from their village to the Shriji Temple in Nandgaon and the women from Nandgaon try to stop them.
The occasion is marked by singing folk songs and is an experience to be treasured.
We head back to Vrindavan in the evening for a an extensive selection process from the images shot during the day. Mentors spend time with each participant one on one and cater to their specific needs and provide direction.
Last day, Morning half day shooting around the Bankey Bihari Temple in Vrindavan. The term Bankey suggests “bent at three places” and Bihari refers to “the supreme enjoyer” Thus, Bankey bihari is the benefactor of bliss and pleasure. On Holi, Bankey Bihari is supposed to play holi and the whole town of Vrindavan gets submerged in colors.
We head back for a final presentation and review session with the mentors and each participant presents their work.
Hotel Stay for 3 nights (checkin on 14th and check out on 17th) on room sharing, all 3 meals included
Travel from Delhi-Vrindavan, Vrindavan- Barsana, Barsana-Vrindavan, Vrindavan-Nandgaon, Nandgaon-Vrindavan, Vrindavan-Delhi
– Return international air ticket
– Any private expenses
– Room service fees
– Porter services
– Visa fees (if applicable)
– Beverages / alcohol during meals
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
Here is a list of what you should bring to the workshop:
• Your laptop for taking notes and reviewing images.
• Your laptop should have some sort of uploading and basic editing
software installed and working so that you can download and preview what
you shoot in the sessions.
• A power supply or back up battery for your laptop.
• a thumb drive, jump drive or flash stick to move images.
• Camera and Lens or Lenses as preferred.
• Fully charged batteries/ extra batteries please, you will need them for your camera- Please DO NOT FORGET this…. We will be shooting long hours.
• At least 2 formatted (empty) memory cards. Since we will be shooting around color and water, remember to copy your files everyday.
• Comfortable walking shoes, sunblock, sunglasses. Shoes will get wet and coloured. Its a good idea to carry Slippers/ crocs (fast drying)
• The creative side of your brain. (don’t forget this)
• Cling film/ Food wrap/ other camera protection (incase you can’t we will be carrying extra)
• Duct tape (Normal duct tape to seal things)
• Rain coat/ Poncho (doesn’t protect you, but you feel safe 🙂 (optional)
• Bandana/ Cap (covering your head is always a good idea)
• Moisturiser/ oil (you will need this)
• Extra pair of shoes
• Fast drying clothes.
• Zip lock bags to carry essentials, like batteries/ phones and SD cards)
• Sanitizer, Shampoo, Soap (available in the hotel, but always good to carry your own specially after Holi)
There are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop. The workshop will be best suited for photographers who have some understanding of how to operate their camera, edit their photos, have some experience in photography and want to take their skills to the next level. However, inexperienced photographers are also welcome.
Students need to bring the following to the workshop:
– A digital camera with a fixed wide angle lens preferably (a 35mm focal length lens would be best). You are most welcome to get your Long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work.
– A laptop with software to edit/tone your images
– A notebook to take down notes during the workshop
WORKSHOP FEE : $2400
Charges are for all inclusive package. If you want any assistance you can email Mehar at email@example.com.
To sign up for the workshop please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After registering we will send you an email regarding the deposit and payment options. To secure a spot in the workshop you must send the full deposit.