Dates : 20th-26th sep 2022
Istanbul, A spellbinding city where cultures collide. Over the centuries, many cultures have added their mark to Istanbul. Today, you can experience those influences firsthand by exploring its mahalles (neighbourhoods). From the holy sites of Sultanahmet and the 19th-century European elegance of Beyoğlu to the high fashion of Nişantaşı, the vibrant cafe society of Kadıköy and the football-loving streets of Beşiktaş, it’s easy to see why travellers say that Istanbul isn’t just one city, but multiple cities within one ~ Tripadvisor
As if plucked from a whimsical fairytale and set down upon the stark Anatolian plains, Cappadocia is a geological oddity of honeycombed hills and towering boulders of otherworldly beauty. The fantastical topography is matched by the human history here. This region’s accordion-ridged valleys, shaded in a palette of dusky orange and cream, are an epiphany of a landscape – the stuff of psychedelic daydreams.
APF is organising a 7 day intensive Photography Master Class which is tailor made to cater to needs of anyone who wishes to train their eyes to find order in chaos of Istanbul’s streets and also the beautiful city of Cappadocia.The Master Class will be limited to an intimate class of max 8 passionate individuals who want to polish their skills and break out of their comfort zones. We’ll talk about street and travel photography. This workshop is designed to help improve your photography, enhance your style and find your vision by providing expert advice and knowledge specifically aimed at helping you achieve success in your work.
Class capacity: 8 people only
Mentors : Vineet Vohra & Rohit Vohra
During this Intense shooting 4-day workshop, we will focus on the following topics:
- How to work towards a theme and focus on projects.
- Travel Photography and art of story telling
- How to edit your images to enhance the final result.
- Photography assignments to put theories to work while walking with the mentors in Istanbul and Cappadocia
The mentors will work with students both in critique sessions and in the field, sharing their working knowledge and techniques.
Each day will include shooting and theoretical session on all you need to know about Street and Travel photography, dos and don’ts, ways to overcome the fear of getting close, detailed look into various composition aspects and the common mistakes while composing, understanding layering in photography, Gestalt vision and its application in photography, developing ones own style, understanding peripheral vision, ways to see and treat light, video documentary of how their images are made as they shoot and how they fine tune their vision and more.
During the course of this workshop, the mentors will discuss technique, composition, vision and intent and how to use the camera and lens in a creative way. They will discuss careers, talk about how to get published and how to work on a story.
On the final day we make a presentation and have an in depth review session with the mentors and each participant presents their work.
Students need to bring the following to the workshop:
– A digital camera with a fixed wide angle lens preferably (a 35mm focal length lens would be best). You are most welcome to get your Long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work.
– A laptop with software to edit/tone your images
– A notebook to take down notes during the workshop
Dates : 20th-26th Sep 2022
Istanbul : 20th-21st-22nd Sep (Workshop will start at 4:45pm on 20th)
Cappadocia : 23rd-25th Sep (Flight Details IST-NAV 18:55 pm and return NAV-IST 20:50 pm)
Istanbul : 26th Sep Final Day and Review
Price : $2495/ per person (Rs 1,92,000/-)
+ Cappadocia Ballon Ride : $200
- Workshop charges Only
– Return international air ticket/ Hotel stay etc/ Cappadocia Flights/ Cappadocia Stay
– Any private expenses
– Room service fees
– Porter services/ Cappadocia Ballon Ride (around $200)
– 18% GST
– Visa fees (if applicable)
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
To book your slot or for further details, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Hotel and Flight recommendations do write to us.
Cancelation Policy :
- If the workshop is cancelled due to any reasons (including covid), full refund will be issued to the participant.
- Keeping in mind the covid situation currently, participant is allowed to cancel anytime before 10th Aug, 2022 without any cancelation charges (Paypal fees will be deducted)
- If a participant cancels for any reason between 11th Aug- 30th Aug 2022, 20% of the workshop fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
- If a participant cancels for any reason on or after 31st Aug, 2022, 60% fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
All precautions will be taken for the safety of participants and we recommend that participants avoid any other travel 14 days before the workshop. Workshop is limited to 6-8 participants only.
We would highly recommend a good travel insurance for your own safety.