We will cover the festival in Kandy and also visit Colombo and Galle. 4 days in Kandy, 3 days in Colombo and 3 days in Galle.
This workshop is limited to 8 participants only.
The Kandy Esala Perahera Festival captures the rich cultural heritage of Sri Lanka, it also stands as a captivating place for street photographers seeking stories. The crowded streets of Kandy come alive with a riot of colors, rhythmic beats, and the timeless dance of tradition during this annual celebration.
For street photographers, the festival offers a unique opportunity where ancient rituals and modern life come together seamlessly. The elaborate costumes, intricate makeup, and expressive performances of traditional Kandyan dancers create compelling visual narratives at every turn. Elephants, adorned in majestic regalia, add an element of grandeur against the backdrop of historic temples and palaces, providing striking compositions.
With the festival as the back drop, APF is organising a 10 day, street photography and visual narrative workshop in Sri Lanka. This workshop will help photographers, not only in understanding the street photography and taking photographs but also weave compelling narratives around them. Participants will delve into the intricate process of storytelling, learning to infuse each photograph with depth and meaning. This workshop which is tailor made to cater to needs of anyone who wishes to train their eyes to find order in chaos in the streets of Sri Lanka. Street photography is very rewarding but at the same time, one of the hardest genres to master. This workshop would help ease the anxiety next time you hit the streets, would help solve the puzzle of composing compelling images in split seconds and most importantly it would help you to see.
- Personalised Feedback: You will receive constructive critiques tailored to your work, helping you refine your craft during and after the workshop.
- A Portfolio to Remember: You will leave with a collection of images that not only document but also narrate the story of sri Lanka through your lens. Let’s capture the magic together and create images that resonate for a lifetime. Join us and elevate your street photography to new heights!
Each day will include shooting and theoretical session on all you need to know about street and travel photography, dos and don’ts, ways to overcome the fear of getting close, detailed look into various composition aspects and the common mistakes while composing, understanding layering in photography, developing ones own style, understanding peripheral vision, ways to see and treat light. Mentors will also share previously shot videos (bts) of how photographs are made.
Mentors : Vineet Vohra & Rohit Vohra
A make shift classroom will help the participants share and select their top images for review and critiques.
Mentors will talk about the art of story telling. How to write stories and photo essays, followed by a lecture on importance of shooting personal projects and how it benefits in a long run.
11th Aug – 20th Aug 2024
Workshop Charges : 2 options available
- Workshop only: $2,495/ € 2,495 / Rs 2,10,000 (GST 18% applicable for Indians) This includes workshop charges only.
- All inclusive workshop : USD 4295/ EUR 4295/ INR 3,60,000 (GST 18% applicable for Indians). Avail the early bird discount before the 15th of February, 2024. This includes all your hotel stay, all meals and local travel.
For all inclusive workshop a sum of USD 4795/ EUR 4795/ INR 4,00,000 shall be effective subsequent to the 15th of February, 2024.
You can book by paying an advance deposit of $1500, balance can be paid anytime before 1st of May.
All inclusive workshop Includes :
- Workshop charges
- Single occupancy Hotel stay in 4 star property for 9 nights and 10 days.
- All meals
- All local travel in Sri Lanka
– Return international air ticket
– Any private expenses
– Room service charges
– Porter services
– 18% GST for Indians / 5% paypal fee when applicable
– Return Domestic tickets, Visa fees (if applicable)
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
To book the complete package or workshop only please write to us at email@example.com
Cancelation Policy :
- 35% Cancellation charges before 1st April 2024
- If a participant cancels for any reason after 1st April 2024, 100% fee will be deducted.
All precautions will be taken for the safety of participants. Workshop is limited to 8 participants only.
We would highly recommend a good travel insurance for your own safety.
This workshop is limited to 8 participants only.
There are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop. The workshop will be best suited for photographers who have some understanding of how to operate their camera, edit their photos, have some experience in photography and want to take their skills to the next level. However, beginner photographers are also welcome. You will be walking a lot during the 10 days, please be prepared for that. We will be shooting in odd hours as required for this largest spectacle on earth.
Students need to bring the following to the workshop:
– A digital camera with a fixed wide angle lens preferably You are most welcome to get your Long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work.
– A laptop with software to edit/tone your images
– A notebook to take down notes during the workshop
To book the complete package please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What is the duration of the workshop?
- The workshop spans 9 nights and 10 days, providing ample time for in-depth exploration of street photography and storytelling techniques during the workshop.
2. Who are the workshop instructors?
- Vineet Vohra and Rohit Vohra will lead the workshop. Their wealth of experience and passion for storytelling through photography make them ideal mentors for this immersive experience.
3. Do I need prior experience in street photography?
- All levels of expertise are welcome! Whether you’re a seasoned street photographer or a beginner, the workshop is structured to cater to varying skill levels. Our instructors will provide personalised guidance to meet your needs.
4. What equipment should I bring?
- Participants should bring their camera equipment, including a DSLR or mirrorless camera. A laptop for photo editing sessions is recommended but not mandatory.
5. Will there be practical shooting sessions?
- Absolutely! The workshop includes hands-on shooting sessions. This provides participants with real-world opportunities to practice the techniques learned during the workshop.
6. Are accommodations and meals included in the workshop fee?
- Accommodations and all meals are included in the all inclusive workshop fee. However, there is also an option to just pay for the workshop fee and arrange for your hotel and local travels yourself. See the workshop option above.
7. Are the rooms single occupancy or double in all inclusive workshop fee?
All Accommodations are single occupancy.
8. Is there a limit to the number of participants?
- Yes, to ensure a personalized learning experience, the workshop has a limited number of slots available. Early registration is recommended to secure your spot.
9. Will there be a critique session for participant photographs?
- Yes! The workshop includes critique sessions where participants can receive constructive feedback on their work from the mentors.
10. How do I register for the workshop?
- To register, please write to us at email@example.com . We will share the payment details with you on the email