Barsana Lathmaar Holi, zine making masterclass 16th-22nd March 2024
Join us for a 7 day photography and zine making masterclass which covers Barsana/ Nandgaon/ Vrindavan / Agra and Delhi
The Holi Master Class will be limited to an intimate class of max 6-7 passionate individuals who want to polish their skills and break out of their comfort zones. We’ll talk about street, documentary and travel photography. This workshop is designed to help improve your photography, enhance your style and find your vision by providing expert advice and knowledge specifically aimed at helping you achieve success in your work. Participants will work on making a personal zine in 7 days.
During this Intensive 7-day workshop, we will focus on the following topics:
1. Travel Photography and art of story telling
2. How to work towards a theme and focus on projects…
3. How to edit your images to enhance the final result…
4. Photography assignments to put theories to work while walking with the mentors on the streets
Vineet and Rohit have a passion for street and travel photography, which has taken them to different parts of the world. They have a keen eye for detail and a unique perspective that they bring to their photography. Their experience in the field of photography makes them the perfect mentors for this workshop.
During the workshop, Vineet and Rohit will share their knowledge and expertise with the participants. They will guide them on how to capture the best moments, use of composition, and other technical aspects of photography. They will also provide feedback and suggestions to help the participants improve their skills.
Apart from being mentors, Vineet and Rohit are also great storytellers. They will share their experiences and anecdotes from their travels, which will make the workshop more engaging and interactive.
Lathmaar Holi Photography Workshop is an interactive photography workshop that promises an exhilarating experience. The workshop is all about capturing the essence of Holi through your lens. It includes knowledge on how to make a zine that can be a personal record of your Holi experience.
The workshop is spread over seven days and covers the major cities of Barsana, Nandgaon, Agra, Vrindavan and Delhi. Each city has its unique way of celebrating Holi, which makes the workshop more adventurous and exciting. You will learn how to capture candid moments, Holi rituals, and the hustle-bustle of the festivity. You will also get to know the history and significance of these places in the context of Holi.
One of the highlights of the workshop is the hands-on experience of making a zine. A zine is a self-published booklet that captures your personal experience of a particular event or subject. You will learn how to create your own zine, starting from selecting the images to printing and binding. The zine that you create will be a lasting memory of your Holi experience.
The workshop also provides an opportunity to network with fellow photographers and share your experiences. You will also get to interact with the locals and understand their culture and traditions.
In conclusion, the Lathmaar Holi Photography Workshop is not just about photography, but it is an immersive experience that will leave you with memories of a lifetime. It is an opportunity to explore and capture the essence of Holi and learn new skills that will enhance your photography portfolio. So, pack your bags, grab your camera, and join us for an unforgettable week-long adventure.
Workshop Charges : $ 3995
Hotel Stay for 6 nights and 7 days (checkin on 16th and check out on 22nd), all 3 meals included
Travel from Delhi-Vrindavan, Vrindavan- Barsana, Barsana-Vrindavan, Vrindavan-Nandgaon, Nandgaon-Vrindavan, Vrindavan-Agra, Agra-Delhi
– Return international air ticket
– Any private expenses
– Room service fees
– Porter services
– Visa fees (if applicable)
– Beverages / alcohol during meals
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
Since the class is limited to max 6-7 participants, we can confirm your seat once the full deposit has been made. To confirm your spot, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a list of what you should bring to the workshop:
• Your laptop for taking notes and reviewing images.
• Your laptop should have some sort of uploading and basic editing
software installed and working so that you can download and preview what
you shoot in the sessions.
• A power supply or back up battery for your laptop.
• a thumb drive, jump drive or flash stick to move images.
• Camera and Lens or Lenses as preferred.
• Fully charged batteries/ extra batteries please, you will need them for your camera- Please DO NOT FORGET this…. We will be shooting long hours.
• At least 2 formatted (empty) memory cards. Since we will be shooting around color and water, remember to copy your files everyday.
• Comfortable walking shoes, sunblock, sunglasses. Shoes will get wet and coloured. Its a good idea to carry Slippers/ crocs (fast drying)
• The creative side of your brain. (don’t forget this)
• Cling film/ Food wrap/ other camera protection (incase you can’t we will be carrying extra)
• Duct tape (Normal duct tape to seal things)
• Rain coat/ Poncho (doesn’t protect you, but you feel safe 🙂 (optional)
• Bandana/ Cap (covering your head is always a good idea)
• Moisturiser/ oil (you will need this)
• Extra pair of shoes
• Fast drying clothes.
• Zip lock bags to carry essentials, like batteries/ phones and SD cards)
• Sanitizer, Shampoo, Soap (available in the hotel, but always good to carry your own specially after Holi)
There are no pre-requisites for attending this workshop. The workshop will be best suited for photographers who have some understanding of how to operate their camera, edit their photos, have some experience in photography and want to take their skills to the next level. However, inexperienced photographers are also welcome