Dates : 17th-2oth Nov 2021.
Embark on an unforgettable expedition to photograph the spectacular Dev Deepawali festival in Varanasi. Led by Vineet and Rohit Vohra.
Varanasi is the only place on Earth where Diwali is celebrated twice. Dev Deepawali (or Dev Diwali) is a festival celebrated 15 days after Diwali to commemorate the victory of Lord Shiva over the demon Tripurasur.
On this day, thousands of devotees take a holy bath (Kartik Snan) in the Ganges, and the 88 ghats in Varanasi are decorated with millions of Diyas (earthern lamps) in the evening.
Nearly 100,000 pilgrims visit the riverfront to watch the river aglitter with lamps while the Ganga Aarti (holy ritual) is being performed by 21 young Brahmin priests.
Come join us in Varanasi and and capture decisive moments that you will savour for a lifetime.
Class capacity: 4 people only
During the course of this workshop, the mentors will discuss technique, composition, vision and intent and how to use the camera and lens in a creative way. They will discuss careers, talk about how to get published and how to work on a story.
The mentor will work with students both in critique sessions and in the field, sharing their working knowledge and techniques.
This intensive 4-day workshop will focus on the following topics:
1. Travel Photography and art of story telling
2. How to work towards a theme and focus on projects…
3. How to edit your images to enhance the final result…
4. Photography assignments to put theories to work while walking with the mentors on the streets of Varanasi.
Students need to bring the following to the workshop:
– A digital camera with a fixed wide angle lens preferably (a 35mm focal length lens would be best). You are most welcome to get your Long telephoto lenses and zooms for your personal work.
– A laptop with software to edit/tone your images
– A notebook to take down notes during the workshop
Dates : 17th-2oth Nov 2021.
Price : $2495/ per person
- Workshop charges
- Single occupancy Hotel stay in 4/5 star property for 3 nights and 4 days.
- All meals
- All Local travel
– Return international air ticket
– Any private expenses
– Room service fees
– Porter services
– 18% GST
– Visa fees (if applicable)
– Personal travel insurance (compulsory; self-purchase)
To book the complete package please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancelation Policy :
- If the workshop is cancelled due to any reasons (including covid), full refund will be issued to the participant.
- Keeping in mind the covid situation currently, participant is allowed to cancel anytime before 17 th Oct, 2021 without any cancelation charges (Paypal fees will be deducted)
- If a participant cancels for any reason between 18th Oct- 10th Nov, 20% of the workshop fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
- If a participant cancels for any reason after 10th Nov, 60% fee + paypal charges will be deducted.
All precautions will be taken for the safety of participants and we recommend that participants avoid any other travel 14 days before the workshop. Workshop is limited to 6-8 participants only.
We would highly recommend a good travel insurance for your own safety.
Leave a Reply
Be the First to Comment!